How to leave seller feedback on Amazon?
Learn how to leave seller feedback on Amazon
Amazon achieved its success by providing customers with a world-class shopping experience based on trust. You need to do your part if you’re selling on Amazon. Your inbox will be flooded with kind words and positive feedback, or will it?
Does maintaining good Amazon seller ratings really require that much effort? You want your score to be up there with the bestsellers on the platform, but how do you achieve that and keep it there? How to leave seller feedback on Amazon? Let’s learn more in detail about how to leave feedback on Amazon sellers.
How to leave feedback to the seller on Amazon?
Now we will look at the steps on how to leave seller feedback for older transactions on Amazon.
Step 1. Log in to your Amazon account after receiving a Marketplace order at your mailing address.
Step 2. Click on the link to leave feedback for the seller. On your Settings page, click the “Your Account” link, look for the Order section (the top-most section), and click the extension arrows below “More order actions.”. You can now click “Leave seller feedback”. You may find it under “Personalization” under the heading “Community” for others.
Step 3. Decide on the order you want to leave feedback for. The screen provides a brief summary of your order so that you remember to leave feedback.
Step 4. Click on the star that indicates how well the order went by mousing over the star rating. One star is for unsatisfied and five for extremely happy.
Step 5. In the text box labelled Comments, please add any additional comments you may have. It must reflect your experience with this order, for instance, the quality of the product you received and the speed of shipping. Once it has been received, the seller that sold you the item will be confused if your comments do not reflect the star rating you have given.
Step 6. Depending on the number of orders, answer the optional questions. Answers will include Yes/No questions regarding whether you received the product you described by its delivery date, whether it was in the seller’s description, and whether the seller-provided great service during the transaction.
Under the star-rating section of feedback, these questions will appear above the Seller feedback comment section.
- Contact the seller if you haven’t received it by the date you requested to ensure it didn’t get lost in the mail. Many sellers will help you locate an item after it has been sent and before leaving bad feedback, they will have some sort of tracking on the item. Make sure all loose ends have been tightened by contacting the seller.
- Again, contact the seller if the item does not match the description or is not of the quality described. As Amazon states, Marketplace sellers must maintain the same level of service as Amazon itself. Still, each seller can establish their own policies on timing issues with respect to an order, as long as they comply with the Amazon policies as well.
What does Amazon Seller Feedback mean?
Feedback on Amazon is rated from one to five stars, depending on the performance of your business; customers have 90 days to provide feedback. In addition to the shipping and customer service, we also consider the general buying experience (not the product directly).
The average of your recent feedback is used to compute your overall rating. Customers can use your rating to decide whether to buy from you or someone else by using the public rating. There are situations where Amazon seller feedback can make or break a sale if there is a lot of competition over high-value products. So, it is important to understand how to leave a third party seller feedback on Amazon.
How to leave seller feedback on Amazon?
Feedback can be left directly from a customer’s order page or through Amazon’s dedicated feedback page. From the time they place the order, they have 90 days to turn this in, where they will be asked simple yes-or-no questions, such as:
- Have they received their item on time?
- According to the listing, did it match your description?
- Have you provided good customer service if they contacted you?
Also included will be the option to leave comments as well as to rate their order out of five stars overall. The category of five stars and four stars is considered positive. A rating of one star or two stars is considered negative. The three-star rating is considered neutral; however, it can still negatively affect your reputation with customers.
According to Amazon, positive feedback over 3 to 5 years is calculated by taking the average of what you’ve gotten over the previous 30 to 90 days. Consider the example of 200 customers leaving feedback in the last 30 days, and 190 of them rated the service either as four or five stars. If the remaining 10 customers all left neutral or negative feedback, your score for the past month would still be 95%.
It’s true that customers can check out your storefront to see what percentage of remaining feedback is neutral if they are inclined to dig a little deeper. It’s tough to spare the time to do this with ecommerce, notably on Amazon because things are so fast-paced. So, it is better to learn how to leave seller feedback on Amazon for your own benefit.
Are Amazon Product Reviews and Seller Feedback the Same?
Your business will gain credibility and power through Amazon product reviews and seller feedback (if they’re positive). Despite their names, product reviews are focused on the products you’re shipping and selling. The feedback you receive from Amazon sellers is specific to you and your business.
These factors will impact your business in slightly different ways.
Amazon product reviews:
- Shipping performance and seller performance are unrelated; only your inventory quality is considered
- Provide prospective customers with social evidence
- One review per product may be given unless the older review is deleted
Amazon seller feedback:
- It majorly depends on the performance of your shipping service and the quality of your customer service
- It affects how likely it is for your product to be selected for the Amazon Buy Box
- Your customers can leave it as many times as they wish
It might prove helpful to remember these major differences later when we discuss how to handle positive and negative feedback. If you are not sure about how to leave seller feedback on Amazon read the guide above.
Does Amazon Seller Feedback Matter?
Product listings on Amazon are affected by buyer feedback, which is the gold standard. Amazon’s algorithm weighs your Order Defect Rate (determined by the amount of negative feedback you receive) heavily in determining your Buy Box rank. It’s no wonder that a highly-rated business attracts more customers than one with a bad reputation, but Amazon also considers a number of other factors when determining your seller feedback score.
Customer ratings are also prominently displayed when alternative sellers are compared with the Buy Box winner (a surprising number of customers do this). According to where you look, prospective customers can get a clearer picture of how you work based on your twelve-month or lifetime seller rating. There have been instances where Amazon has sanctioned sellers with suspensions or outright bans when their Order Defect Rate becomes too high.
How Does Amazon Rate Good Sellers?
A number of seller metrics are produced by Amazon based on customer feedback, including your Negative Feedback Rate. Those who serve a large number of customers might only get rates of 1% or even 0%, but any score below 5% is considered reasonable. In combination with your average feedback rating, you get a clear idea of how you performed.
You can view your Amazon Seller Rating by clicking here.
- Click on your seller Central dashboard
- Click performance
- Please click on customer satisfaction
- Navigate to the customer feedback tab
The overall performance is split up into 30-day, 90-day, 365-day spans, as well as your lifetime rating can be seen side-by-side. You will need to take proactive steps to provide more positive feedback if things seem to be slipping. So, we advise you to practice how to leave seller feedback on Amazon.
Feedback Management on Amazon
You should emphasize positive feedback coming into your seller rating, and keep negative feedback to a minimum if you want to ensure it accurately represents your business. It is unlikely to occur all by itself; you may have to proactively seek the response you desire.
What you can do to encourage Amazon buyers to leave positive reviews
Positive ratings will be attracted by good customer service and good products, but encouraging them is never a bad idea. You can use the following methods to convince people to participate:
- The first thing you could do is simply ask. You would be surprised how many people forget to do this. After an order has been delivered, you can ask Amazon’s messaging service one polite question about the experience.
- Additionally, it optimizes your shipping process. If your products arrive late, you will receive a lot of negative feedback, so you need to make sure that they arrive on time. Your business will gain a lot of goodwill if you can improve your processes so that products arrive on time.
- In addition to easy returns, you’ll get more positive comments if you do so. The experience of returning an item can be an uphill battle, so you will always achieve positive results if you take the sting out of the process.
- Last but not least, you should write accurate product descriptions. You may feel tempted to oversell your product to try and outdo your competition. However, if a customer is not satisfied with the product, they will be disappointed.
How to remove negative Amazon seller feedback
The completion of your 100% perfect score doesn’t necessarily end if some slip through the net. The error might be removed in some instances. It’s sometimes just impossible to avoid negative feedback, regardless of its merit.
The first thing you should do is contact Amazon. If your package was lost in the mail, for example, you may receive negative feedback because of reasons beyond your control. You should also keep in mind that you shouldn’t receive any negative feedback if you use Fulfillment by Amazon, as Amazon handles everything itself.
Do you know the difference between product reviews and seller feedback? Obviously, you can ask Amazon to remove a negative seller review if the customer posted it instead of a product review. Feel free to keep it when they leave you an awesome review in the wrong category.
According toAmazon’s latest feedback rules, a customer can’t be asked to change or remove their review. A seller could reach out to the buyer before requesting that negative feedback be removed or reconsidered if it was unfair or unwarranted.
Is Amazon strict about how it handles seller feedback?
Consequently, Amazon wants you to seek out feedback from customers actively, but you have to be familiar with their best practice guidelines for doing so. You can get a lot of goodwill from Amazon and customers by complying with the rules rather than breaking them.
1. Feedback cannot be incentivized in the first place. If you want to post positive feedback or remove negative feedback, do not offer monetary incentives, discounts, freebies, or any other perks.
2. Requesting feedback should only occur once per order. Once the customer has been informed that their order has arrived, they should do this to ensure it’s authentic. It is against Amazon’s terms of service for sellers to repeatedly request feedback per order. Each time you sell, you only have one shot at impressing the customer.
3. Additionally, you should not pressure or coerce buyers into leaving feedback. Amazon policy isn’t the only thing that’s violated here – this is just plain rude. Customer service, completing orders and making one simple request for feedback should be the only uses of the Amazon Buyer-Seller messaging service.
4. Also, when sending feedback, respect those buyers who have opted out from receiving unsolicited messages. However, most have not yet done so; some are even unaware that such an option exists. The customer’s decision has to be respected if they don’t want to hear from you.
The rule of thumb is to engage with customers in good faith and do not try to game the system. Amazon’s guidelines may change from time to time, so you must keep up to date.
Amazon’s Public Responses to Product Reviews Have Changed Recently
The listing review page is used to allow sellers to reply to negative product reviews, and buyers could see this reply when perusing your product page. That option has been removed. Early in 2021, Amazon changed its review policy so that sellers would not be able to respond to product reviews – positive or negative. Comments and replies by vendors were also removed. According to Amazon’s guidelines, sellers can still publicly respond to feedback from customers.
What are the best ways for sellers to handle product reviews and seller feedback?
Review policies and seller feedback policies at Amazon have changed in the past and are probably to change again in the future. Brands have the opportunity to expand their reach and sales through selling in the marketplace, but the landscape is constantly changing, making it hard to stay informed.
Using a consultant to provide advice on Amazon stores can help brands stay on top of their game and develop a strategy to communicate with their customers. An Amazon retailer or consultant may also help promote your brand and bolster your sales in addition to implementing an optimized Amazon marketing strategy.
What are the benefits of Amazon seller feedback?
The key to standing out in the competition is improving and tracking seller feedback. This becomes increasingly challenging as the number of sellers on Amazon increases exponentially. Seller feedback must be taken seriously by smart sellers. To help you understand better, we came up with these reasons: Good seller feedback helps you sell.
Increase your Amazon search engine ranking
While Amazon never discloses its A9 algorithm details, it is clear that you will rank higher on Amazon if you have good seller feedback. The chances of your product SERP improving significantly are likely to rise if you improve and maintain good feedback. It gives you a better chance of reaching more customers and increasing sales.
You will have a greater chance of winning Buy Box
An increased likelihood of winning a sale is associated with winning the Buy Box. Almost any seller or vendor aims to win the Buy Box. This can be accomplished in many ways. Having excellent metrics for your customers is one of those ways. As mentioned, Amazon wants its customers to have an exceptional shopping experience. You’re showing outstanding customer service by providing good seller feedback, which increases your chances of winning the Buy Box.
Aside from metrics indicating an account’s health, we show positive reviews and reviews received within a certain time frame. All of these factors contribute to your chance of winning the Buy Box.
Get eligibility for Seller Central coupons
A seller central coupon system was introduced by Amazon in 2017 so that retailers and wholesalers would be able to increase their sales on Amazon. As well as discount codes, free shipping, giveaways, buy one, get one, and other promotions available for sellers, there are other means of boosting sales.
Amazon’s seller central coupons are well known, but the other opportunities are fairly obscure. The seller central coupons come with a dedicated page on Amazon and appear in the Gold box, product detail page, and Amazon search results. In addition, sellers who are not registered with the brand can sell their products. The only requirement is that you are a professional seller with a good seller feedback rating. When you qualify, you get to enjoy various benefits, including better visibility, resulting in more sales.
Poor seller feedback is penalized by Amazon
Amazon regularly evaluates your performance based on seller feedback. Ratings of 1 or 2 stars indicate poor customer service. Poor seller feedback can cost you the opportunity to compete. Amazon strives to provide consumers with a superior shopping experience.
There are several factors that affect your seller feedback, such as the order defect rate, refund rate, perfect order percentage, and others. Your seller privileges will most likely be suspended or revoked if you don’t track these metrics. Keeping good seller feedback is therefore crucial to your success.
What is the best way to get Amazon seller feedback?
In order to build a seller feedback system, it takes time. It is, therefore, necessary to create a strategy for increasing them rapidly. Luckily, we can help you with some useful tips on how you can achieve this.
Deliver ahead of schedule or on time
You can get good feedback by improving shipment methods and accelerating delivery processes. It is usually the late shipments that cause negative feedback. As a result, you can delight your buyers with early deliveries and encourage them to leave good reviews.
Keep your product listings up-to-date
Clear all customer misconceptions about your product with your description and images. Customers who don’t understand your listing specifications may leave a negative review, which may not be directly related to your feedback score. Therefore, it is very important to ensure that the product listing page provides an accurate description of your product.
Automate the returns and refunds process
Returns and refunds are made as easy for Amazon customers as possible. The company encourages its sellers to regularly monitor their return and refund policies while facilitating hassle-free product returns. Having a positive relationship with your buyer on Amazon depends on following these policies.
Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback and be polite
Request a review of your product on Amazon once the order has been delivered using buyer-seller messaging on Amazon. You can use the Request a Review button on Amazon for this.
Moreover, you can opt for a ‘3-email strategy.’ Email your buyer after the product has been delivered. Contact them after a couple of days to get their feedback and review the product. Following up on the same email asking for seller feedback after receiving positive feedback is a good idea. Doing so increases your chances of getting more product reviews. In addition, Amazon offers a service for sellers and buyers to exchange messages directly.
What is the best way to manage feedback management proactively?
After you deliver the item, your customer has 90 days to review it and leave feedback. After 60 days, it can be removed. Feedback from customers is critical, but it immediately affects the reputation of your business. A bad review can turn off all your potential customers. It is critical that you come up with a seller feedback management strategy to help you succeed. Monitoring your feedback and resolving customer issues, if any, is particularly important at this point.
Following these steps will help you proactively deal with customer issues:
- Take a look at the feedback.
- Make a proposal to solve the problem.
- Be polite when dealing with your customer.
- You should wait for their response.
- Solving the issue effectively is key.
In time, you can develop a better strategy for handling seller feedback on Amazon as you get more access to the data.
Avoid these things when dealing with unhappy customers
When you are contracting with an unhappy customer, you need to be cautious. There are a number of specific steps you need to take to improve your customer experience.
- To begin, make sure you follow all Amazon’s guidelines before communicating with your customer. You can, however, only contact your customers for customer service purposes.
- Feedback from Amazon sellers is also eligible for Amazon’s incentive reviews. If you give buyers incentives for reviews, you cannot qualify for incentive reviews; using this method can result in your account being flagged or suspended.
- If you want negative feedback removed, never refund the buyer. Those actions might lead to suspension by Amazon.
- The more time that passes without a resolution, the more impatient, unhappy customers become. Your time for dealing with their concerns and getting their feedback removed is only 60 days. Take advantage of this opportunity and plan accordingly.
- Never ask a buyer for positive feedback or offer them rewards in exchange for their feedback. Your Amazon account could be suspended for doing so.
- Don’t forget to be succinct in your responses. You should apologize, explain how you might improve their (buyer’s) experience, and provide a suggested solution.
Your e-commerce business depends on having higher seller feedback. The feedback that you get on Amazon helps you attract more customers and help you succeed. Customer delight and ace your fulfilment game are the two ways to get good seller feedback.
It is impossible, however, to control exactly how your customers react to your product or service. To improve customer satisfaction, you must ensure that you explore all the opportunities. We hope this article helps you understand the importance of sellers feedback and how to leave feedback for a 3rd party seller on Amazon as a buyer, a how a seller can leave feedback to buyers on amazon in the form of answering questions they ask and improving their overall experience.
Deal with the issues and try to ensure that they don’t repeat in the future. You cannot please every customer that comes your way. Don’t let a few bad ratings get you down. At times, negative seller feedback drives you into reality. Accept negative seller feedback and try to make the product better. Ensure that you give the right information in your listing’s description, images, and other sections to avoid misconceptions.
Touseef Riaz is a technology analyst and provides optimal technology solutions for retail, e-commerce, and health care sectors. He also helps small to midsize e-commerce businesses and brands build a successful online marketplace strategy via technology.