How to Find the Right Influencer to Launch Your Product
Influencer marketing (also influence marketing) is a form of marketing in which focus is placed on influential people rather than the target market as a whole. It identifies the individuals that have influence over potential buyers and orients marketing activities around these influencers.
It is important to understand that brands are evolving in terms of marketing. While putting an ad on television has a high cost, working with an influencer has a negligible cost in relation to the possible benefits it can receive.
Example: if an influencer has 200,000 followers on Instagram and a company gives them a product on the condition that he exposes it to his audience, this company would be making an investment of the cost of a product in exchange for reaching at least the large most followers of the public figure.
Launching a product is the most important phase for any company’s or brand’s lifecycle. It is a big milestone and a huge opportunity to make it or break it! Traditional ways of launching a product no longer are viable nor effective in generating buzz, creating brand following and generating profits in the modern internet age.
Some of these disadvantages are:
- Higher Costs: Launching a product the traditional way – without influencer marketing on any level – is highly costly. Ads on digital media, television, radio or magazines cost far more than being able to leverage the power of an influencer that aligns perfectly with your niche or audience type.
- Lesser Reach: Traditional product launch approaches have a far lesser global reach ( and at less fuel ) when it comes to generating an all-encompassing online audience grasp. Influencers enable dynamic overall target demographic reach faster, better and broader
- Targeted Marketing: With influencer marketing, the right influencers can put your product infront of the right demographic that your product relies upon. It is laser-focused and far more tailored to hitting the pain-points of the audience in a compelling manner.
Why use an influencer?
Influencer marketing derives its great value from 3 sources:
- Social reach: Influencers are able to reach millions of consumers through their social channels and blogs.
- Original content: Influencers produce original, and oftentimes effective, marketing content for the brand.
- Consumer trust: Influencers maintain strong relationships with their audience, who have a certain level of trust in the influencer’s opinions.
Identifying the right influencer:
The first step in influencer marketing is to identify influencers. Influencers are specific to discrete market segments and are used as enablers to the entire target segment. They have great use in marketing programmes targeted at specific segments.
You can use social media tools to find influencers based on keywords or those that belong to specific industry verticals. A great tool is BuzzSumo, it enables you to look at influencers trending and most effective per certain keywords and industry niches. You can sign up for a free 1 month trial to get a feel of things.
How Influencers Work:
In order to achieve the purpose of the business clients, influencers should deliver a change in attitude towards the client’s brand or product. The change of the attitude from the viewer takes places from the contents that influencer produces.
The change itself is believed as a psychological process in human mind. The psychological process can be explained under the RACE model. RACE stands for: Reach, Act Convert and Engage. These four steps are designed to help brands engage with their customers throughout the customer lifecycle.
Conclusively, if you’re a business, it is crucial that the product launches you’re involved for yourself or your clients – effectively use the power of influencer marketing.