A Beginner Guide To Adding A Product On Amazon
Amazon is an excellent place to sell products because it has a large audience and a large selection of products. This means that you can reach many customers who will be interested in your product or service. The site has also been around for quite some time. So tons of users have been using it for years and have made purchases on the site before—and they’re likely still buying things today. So, when you make a mind to sell products on Amazon, the first thing that must come to mind is how to add your product. Adding a product on Amazon may be frustrating for new sellers; however, if you take the help of a professional agency like our agency. This way, you would not find any problems in the entire process.
As you know, Amazon also has lots of traffic: according to Alexa’s website traffic estimator tool, over 200 million people visit Amazon every month! That number may seem small compared to Google’s billions. But when you consider how much money companies spend on advertising each year just trying to find new customers online, you would be amazed to know it. So, in this guide, you will get complete information to add your product to the site.
What are the different ways to list products on Amazon?
- Listing on Amazon is an excellent approach to promoting your brand. It’s free and easy, so you don’t have to invest in inventory or time-consuming marketing campaigns.
- Listing on Amazon has its pros and cons. The main benefit of listing on Amazon is that you can reach millions of potential buyers every day with just one click! For instance, if someone buys one of your products through this platform, they will also be able to find out more about it by visiting their profile page. Moreover, on this platform, they can see everything about their purchase history).
So, when it comes to adding the product on Amazon, you would have different ways. For instance, the steps would be additional if you want to add the details to the existing listing. But, on the other hand, if you are a new seller, this guide will also help you.
How to add existing products on Amazon seller central?
Here are some simple steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: First, you should have an Amazon seller central account.
To begin, you must register for an Amazon seller central account. To do so, visit the [link to: https://www.amazon.com/seller-central] website and click on “Create Account.” This is the mandatory and the first requirement for listing products on Amazon.
Once your account has been created, sign in using your existing email address or create a new one if you still need one. To add products to our store, we also need access to this information. So please do not use any other method of signing into Seller Central unless necessary.
Step 2: Log in to your seller central account.
- Go to the inventory tab and click Add a Product.
- Select a category, enter the name of your product and choose Add Product from the list or Create New Item if there are no existing items that match your product type or size (if you want to create a thing). By doing so, a new window will appear where you can set other details about how this item will look on Amazon: including its price, manufacturer’s name, stock level, and more!
Step 3: Get the ASIN of the product you want to sell
The Amazon ASIN is a unique number assigned to each product. It’s used to identify the product, create an Amazon listing, and, more importantly, how you will be able to sell on Amazon.
Adding a product on Amazon— get your product’s ASIN:
- Go to the main page of your Shopify store and click ‘My Products.
- Click on one of your products with an existing listing (or create one) to access its details page.
Step 4: Go to “Add a product” in Seller Central and search for the ASIN.
- Go to “Add a product” in Seller Central and search for the ASIN.
- Click on Add a Product
- Select the correct category, subcategory, and other attributes (if applicable) for your product by clicking on one of the buttons next to them or typing their name into their respective text fields
Step 5: Choose the condition of the item and click “Sell this product”
Select a category and enter the product name. Then select a product from the list or create a new item if none matches your product. Next, add details about your product, including:
- The quantity of each item being sold (i.e., 1 unit per pack)
- A description of what makes this particular model unique
Step 6: Create your offer
While adding a product on Amazon, enter your selling price (Standard Price) and item condition (Offering Condition Type) in this stage. Next, select your fulfillment channel from Merchant Fulfilled (FBM) or Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). A different option will ask you to enter the quantity if you choose Merchant Fulfilled. You will be redirected to create an FBA shipment if you select Fulfilled by Amazon in the prompt.
An exclusive product identifier, “Contribution SKU” will only be visible to you. Typically, the SKU is utilized to assist with inventory management. For instance, the SKU for the goods mentioned above may be “DG Pouch 01.” This element is optional, and if you do not select your SKU, Amazon will choose one for you randomly.
Click “Save and complete” at the bottom after adding your information.
How to create a brand-new Amazon listing?
If you want to add a brand new Amazon listing, here are some of the steps that you need to follow:
Click on add a product from seller central.
At this step, you have to pick the option “I’m adding a product not sold on Amazon.” As your product is new to Amazon, this option is best for you.
Select a category and enter the product name.
- Select a category that best describes your product.
- Enter a product name that is unique and descriptive. Avoid using trademarked terms, like “Puma” for a shoe or “Lanvin” for clothing. If you have the right to use it, check before putting your product in Amazon’s database!
Moreover, if you are still looking for the best category for your product, you can pick the relevant one. Once you have chosen the type that best describes your product and added it to your Amazon account, it’s time to add a description and upload products to Amazon.
Add a description
Add the name and description of your product. This is where you can provide more information about what exactly makes up this item or service you’re selling on Amazon. You can add text into bullet points or paragraphs in the body section below “Your Product.” Try using as many keywords as possible when describing your product so that people searching for those words will find yours instead of someone else’s!
Add the details about your product.
- The product name is the first thing you should add to your listing.
- The brand or logo of the item can be included in this field if applicable.
- You can also add model number and condition information here, such as whether it’s new or used. If an item has multiple colors available at different prices, you’ll want to include these details so people know which ones they’re getting before buying something online!
- Finally, ensure everything about your product is clear from this point forward (e.g., size/weight/shape).
Select two or three categories in which your product will appear.
Selecting too many categories is a bad idea, as it will make it harder for customers to find your product and may result in fewer sales. However, if you choose more than two or three categories, be careful: The more categories you choose (for example, five), the lower your chances of appearing on search results pages.
The best way to ensure that your Amazon products uploading are visible enough in each category is by providing they’re relevant to consumers’ needs and wants. For example: If you’re selling jewelry accessories like earrings or necklaces, then selecting only one category would be sufficient since the current landscape is limited in terms of choices, but if instead, we were talking about something like kitchenware then choosing multiple ones would help us reach more potential customers who might not even realize these types of products exist yet!
Enter pricing information and shipping costs of your product.
- Enter the pricing information and shipping costs of your product.
- You can also set up a return policy here by adding a link to your Amazon seller central account. If you have one, choose either “No returns” or “Returns accepted via seller’s address.”
- The best way to manage inventory is through Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA), allowing you to ship items directly from Amazon warehouses. This is useful when there is high demand for certain products, but it doesn’t give customers quick access to them if they don’t want something specific at that moment in time.
Select your shipping settings and enter your return policy details.
Now that you’ve added your products to Amazon, it’s time to select your shipping settings and enter the return policy details.
- Choose a shipping method: If you’re selling in an FBA warehouse and want free shipping, select Free Shipping; otherwise, choose whichever is most appropriate for your business.
- Add a return policy: You can also add a return policy if your product isn’t shipped directly from Amazon (e.g., if an FBA warehouse holds it). Just click on Shipping Policies under Seller Central. Then click Add New Policy at the bottom of the page; this will take you back into Seller Central, where there should be no restrictions on what types of orders qualify for free returns. Moreover, always ensure that whatever type(s) apply matches those listed here!
How to add products to the Amazon influencer page?
- Add products to your Amazon Seller Central account.
- Add products from an existing Amazon Seller Central account using the same login credentials you use for your seller central account.
- Add products from The Influencer page on Amazon by clicking “Add a new product” in the dropdown menu under your dashboard’s “Products” section. After that, select the “Sell on Amazon” option. This will take you directly into their interface, where you can begin adding your existing inventory, including physical and digital items such as books, music albums, etc.
How to add products via upload?
- Go to “Add products via upload” in Seller Central.
- Follow the steps Amazon lays out (they are pretty straightforward)
- Open your template in a spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Docs.
Open the template’s file in Excel or Google Sheets after you’ve created it. There are several tabs at the bottom of the sheet. Find the template to be filled out, definitions, examples, and directions on how to fill it out.
If you have problems filling out specific columns, carefully read the instructions and look at Amazon’s sample templates. A parent-child listing is a method of adding a product with variations that Amazon also demonstrates.
- Fill out the template with your product information.
- Your file will be uploaded to Amazon Seller Central.
After you’ve completed your spreadsheet, download it and return it to Seller Central. Select “Upload your inventory file” from the menu at the top of the page in the same section as you produced the template. Now you are done with adding your product.
Adding a product on Amazon, a seller central account might be complicated for new sellers. However, if you take the help of professionals, you will not find any problems in your work. Our agency Urtasker has a professional team of experts. We know to cater to the clients most professionally. So, when you hand your work to us, you will not find any problem.
With my vast experience in the e-commerce industry, I have successfully helped more than 250 e-commerce businesses worldwide to reduce their operational cost with cutting-edge e-commerce marketing services. My experience includes strategy, addressing daily issues, developing, delivering training, and supervising staff at multiple levels.